It was a beautiful weekend in San Francisco, one that just makes you want to stop and smell the roses (er, peonies). Well, mom wanted to enjoy her flowers but I of course have to be a cat and disrupt her while she’s taking a pretty picture of them. And instead of smelling them I tend to try and stick my head all the way in the vase, which is apparently a no-no. All I know is that the flowers are up on a high wall shelf that I can’t get to, so it looks like my flower-smelling days are over for now. Hrmph.
*Note of warning: According to the ASPCA website, peonies are actually toxic to dogs and cats. We have ours high up on a shelf that Tux cannot get to (and kept close watch on him while shooting these pictures), but please be careful with what flowers you keep in reach of your pets. If you think your pet has ingested a toxic plant, contact your local veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at 888-426-4435.